The Apeks MTX-RC Stage 3 Regulator Set
packages the primary MTX-RC with the matching Octopus for an attractive little saving compared to purchasing separately.
The MTX-RC is a modified version of the the original MTX-R that was designed to meet the requirements of the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test. In order to achieve this tough test the MTX-R is factory tuned with no diver adjustment. Apeks created the MTX-RC to give divers the option of fine tuning their regulator performance to suit their diving.
The MTX-RC first stage is engineered for the extreme cold with heat exchanging fins on nearly every surface. The over balanced diaphragm design is environmentally sealed to both help protect the internal components from ice crystal formation and also prevent damage from contamination. There are two pre-angled high pressure ports, four low pressure ports on the side of a swivelling turret and a high flow port of the end beneath a protective cap.
The second stage now features an oversized breathing effort adjuster on the side of the housing that will increase the amount of effort required to open the pneumatically balanced valve. Above that there is a venturi lever to alter the flow of air within the second stage, either directing it from the valve towards the mouthpiece or diverting it back towards the diaphragm to help close the valve. The second stage also features a large heat exchanger on the hose inlet to help increase the temperature as it passes into the second stage.First Stage:
- Satin plated brass body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 5 x medium pressure ports, 4 mounted on a rotating turret for improved hose orientation
- 2 x angled high pressure ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel or over-moulded yoke hand-wheel, only requires one hand to release.
- DIN, Yoke and M26 Thread available, 300bar, 232bar and M26 300bar (O2) respectively.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A to 60 metres cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union), within the EU anything above 21% O2 must use an M26 Connection.
- Protective bumpers to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Ergonomic and simple to use venturi lever.
- Oversized breathing effort adjuster makes adjustment easy in cold water whilst wearing gloves.
- Large purge button.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water for a more comfortable breathe.
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Flexible nylon braided hose, which has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
- Designed and manufactured in the UK.
- No single-use plastic in the packaging