Perfect configuration for the recreational sidemount (SM) diver and the hardcore cave diver. The Side 16 Avenger by Tecline has improved on the classic 'bat wing' style system favoured by so many SM divers for it's superior trim and streamlining.
The wing / bladder and harness form a single integrated set that includes four in-built weight pockets. Considered to be one of the easiest SM sets on the market to configure and adjust, the shoulder straps, waist belt and crotch strap can be separately adjusted. Straight forward adjustments also make this the ideal SM set for teaching purposes.
- Side 16 wing with 16kg of lift capacity and an extremely tough back / top panel.
- Clean, DIR-style softer webbing harness.
- Integrated weight system with four pockets (for 10kg of weights in total), spreading the weight across the back of the diver to enable an ideal trim position. These pockets are also positioned slightly outwards to provide a lower and more streamlined profile.
- Two 2kg trim pockets are also included (for an additional 4kg of weight if required).
- A total of 19kg of weight is possible if two 4.5 kg trim pockets (additional) are used instead of the 2kg trim pockets (included).
- Butt plate is attached, included within the set but can be removed if required.
- 40cm corrugated infltor hose that can be attached to either side of the BCD (a 50cm corrugated hose is included for taller divers, or as a spare).
- 2 dump valves located at the bottom of the wing, protected under the back panel, and on the opposite side to the inflator.
- A heavy duty canister light bracket, with bungee, is included on the rear crotch strap.
- Plenty of bungee.
- Putting the trim pockets on the waist belt can also help dry suit divers to maintain perfect trim by having the extra weight more towards the lower part of the body. There is a a rear dump valve in a strategic and protected position on the lower back of the bladder, for easy dumping of gas in either the horizontal or head down position. The low profile of the bladder reduces drag and risk of getting stuck in restrictions. The inflator can be placed both left and right. Attach accessories to the included butt plate as required.